In the final episode of TSC Now in 2021, host Dan Klein recaps the 2021 Virtual International TSC & LAM Research Conference: Driving Discoveries Beyond Boundaries, presented by Greenwich Biosciences and the Rothberg Institute of Childhood Diseases and co-hosted by the TSC Alliance® and The LAM Foundation. The conference brought together 179 people from 18 countries including researchers with a wide array of specialties and representing everything from basic to clinical science, who took part in plenary sessions, oral presentations, posters, and discussions around cross-cutting topics, including big data and clinical translation.
Dan chats with conference co-chairs Nishant Gupta, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Cincinnati, Director of the LAM Clinic Network, and Scientific Director of the LAM Foundation, and Rebecca Ihrie, PHD, Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology and Neurosurgery at Vanderbilt University about their impressions of the conference overall, what topics they found most interesting and how the TSC and LAM research community can build off the momentum of the conference and foster the next generation of TSC and LAM researchers. Dan also asks them what areas of TSC and LAM research they find most exciting and what they think the future holds for the field.
Resources and Links:
- Learn more about the research conference: https://www.tscalliance.org/researchers/research-conferences/
- Download the conference program book: https://www.tscalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2021-Intl-TSC-LAM-Res-Conf-Program-Book.pdf
- Learn more about the MILED clinical trial and how to get involved: https://www.thelamfoundation.org/MILED
- Nominate a TSC Alliance community volunteer for one of our Volunteer of the Year Awards: https://www.tscalliance.org/news/submit-your-nominations-for-our-volunteer-of-the-year-awards/
- Learn More about the 2022 World TSC Conference: https://www.tscalliance.org/2022-world-tsc-conference/ Conference registration Opens Monday, January 3, 2022
- Book your room for the conference today: https://book.passkey.com/gt/218256181?gtid=57f8b757a9eedc1e8f1572c336936050 You can also make a reservation by calling 1-800-774-1500 and using group code “TSC”